6.19.2012

METRO VISIT

I meant, Meropolitan Manila visit haha! Metropolitan Manila or we all known as Metro Manila is definitely the biggest urban and busy city all over the Philippines. And shameful to admit, I have not yet visited its tourist spot that i was dying to do years back. But now, I am trying to list it on my planner and put a date where I can go visit the places, most specially those historical place just like Intramuros. I have never been there for the 22 years of my existence! I told myself that if I am dreaming to be somewhere else for a trip, why not start where I am nearer and is free to take a walk any time I want? So that, I used the power of google to bring me to the places I must see very soon. Maybe some of you want to come accompany me? I'm the type of girl who wants to have someone at my side whenever I go travel. because I love to have some talks, and conversations and giving comments about the things I see in my environment. And its good to appriciate the beauty of the historical places with someone close to your heart such as a friend, a partner, a family member, school and/or officemates. You can even bring a pet if thats going to be convenient for you hee hee!

So here goes the places that I (and even you) must visit:

RIZAL PARK
photos from: wikipedia

This historic park has been the site of some very important moment’s in Manila’s past and is a great place to start if you really want to learn about the history of the area. Memorial plaques and monuments will give you this type of education throughout the park. There are also more leisurely things to enjoy here including the Chinese and Japanese Gardens, the Orchidarium and Butterfly Pavilion and a chess plaza. In fact, if there’s only one thing that you get to experience during your stay in Metro Manila, you’ll want it to be this park because there is simply so much to see and do in this one area.


NAYONG FILIPINO


For a more modern “park”, you may want to check out this theme park which draws tourists from around the world. Various historical points of interest and cultural celebrations can be experienced here at this all-ages adventure area.

INTRAMUROS



Visitors who are truly interested in the history of the region will want to make sure to check out this district which is the oldest district of Manila. It’s a “walled city” which harkens back to the days when fortresses were required to keep the people of an area safe from outsiders. Just exploring the old architecture (particularly the churches) here can really help you to gain a great understanding of what this region was like years ago. Various forts, statutes and monuments can also be enjoyed here.

FORT BONIFACIO



This is a section of a city in Metro Manila where you can learn more about the military history of the Philippines. Various landmarks are located throughout the district with the main place to visit being the Heritage Park memorial park. Memorial cemeteries can also be visited here.

MANILA OCEAN PARK


Those people who are fans of Sea World in the United States may find that they also enjoy this oceanarium in Metro Manila. There is also a boutique mall here and some other things to do while you’re visiting.
NIGHT LIFE IN MAKATI


 There are many places throughout Metro Manila where you can experience the bar and nightclub scene but this district within the city of Manila is the most well-known. If this type of thing is something that you like to take advantage of when traveling then that’s the district that you want to do it in.


So there you go, the sites in Metro Manila that I badly wanted to go see myself personally. But I had been in Rizal Park, Nayong Pilipino, Makati area once but didn't have a chance to explore and appreciate the beauty of it. Maybe because I was still very young at that time and I didn't give much attention on the important event in store with this places. But really, so soon I will be there. And oopps there was this guy who badly wanted to get mentioned his name on my blogpost today, I told him many times that it was not about my usual mushy stuff writings, so I couldn't put in anything about him. I was laughing on how he insisted to be a part of this haha! But maybe I can for the sake of him being papansin (attention seeker) that also made my day annoyingly enjoyable (smiling flirtatiously while typing lol). And because he was so pesky, I will give this oldie Juan Paulo me ultimo kulitero some credits to have a little space on my blog haha! But that doesn't stop there, and because I am on finding someone to accompany me on my travel plans, you have to clear your schedules and off day at my beck :D say no and I will never include you here on my writings haha! So that, these are only the few places i want to go visit. I will share a lot more in the coming posts. I am in no mood to blog to be honest. I am less motivated since I don't have foods espcecially sweets  by my side..feels like crying huhu!haha See you around darlings!

photos and some information from: Kathryn Vercillo and wikipedia
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...