8.07.2012

CLOUDS STILL CRYING

google image

I've been a rainy season lover since heaven knows when. I would admit that I always pray to God he would make the day mostly gloomy with a little pouring rain. I dont know the implication, but psychologically it makes me feel at ease, relax and happier than seeing the sun rising. Mostly, I would just stay home curling on bed, reading, navigating stuff on my laptop, eating, napping..and despite the bad weather, I could still go out and enjoy myself. But today was different, today was the day I realized how bad the incessant rainy days have become. I watched the news on tv, listened to radio, and I felt guilty for not knowing early on how far this they so called 'ordinary rainy day' damaged the lives of people whose affected by the flood that is incessantly rising as i blog about this now. I felt helpless since I want to do something to help those people who are in need. But what can i do if i am here stuck at home..and just feeling sorry for the people who suffered so much now to this calamities our country is in. I remembered my experience way back to Ondoy... It was again, devastating for some, but not for me. I was stranded at my friends home where in flood was just the last thing we could worry about since it was a high placed village. I remember how at first we enjoyed hanging out together,laughing eating non stop..until we realized how bad it was outside..we were too sheltered, too safe, too self absorbed that we have forgotten to check on news to know how bad the situation was already. we felt bad, guilty and we almost cried. we couldn't do anything to help. And i dont want that to happen again, i dont want to just sitback and relax while everybody is wading just to survive..maybe now i can't do something like volunteering, pack goods and be a rescuer to those in need..but i can do a little part to help..and that is to disseminate information about this calamities in our country to the world. to let people know we are in big need of support, guidance and most of all prayers that we could over come this another tragic in our (filipinos) lives. Since i am one of those people active on fb-ing, tweeting and this blogging...i could use it as a tool, to be an instrument and influence others to also make even the smallest of deeds we can contribute for our fellow citizens. After this heavy rainfall, when its safe for everyone to go out, lets take the chances to help in any way we can. This would be my first step of helping, i know i can do a lot more. but for now..i will use the only resources i have to help out.

Let's pray for the good tomorrow may bring. remember mass hysteria would just make the situation  worst so..please as much as possible let's avoid posting negativity, it would cause panic to those affected of flood. Be positive..we can do this if we are all united! Please you..a little deed can make a very big difference..so start doing you part in our country.

Pleass do read this blog from Ms. PattyLaurel for more inspiring and encouraging word to help and http://divinemlee.com/ for a more detailed way on how to reach out to those affected. if you want to be a member of a red cross volunteer, or if you want to give relief goods, clothes and other kinds of help..just please go to this page. you can also watch news on tv since they're also spreading information regarding this.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...