4.01.2018

7 Reasons I Beat Monday Blues

I've been meaning to change this blog into something more motherly, such as, letters to my daughter, motherhood journey, wife, mom, career life, and etc. But never had anything done and had never been so consistent!

This time, I just want to go back in random blogging and have it posted randomly, without any schedules and maybe from there, a brand new idea will strike and it may be a start of something that is really meant for sharing!

I hope so! So for now, I will start with a thought in mind this morning.

As very usual for me, I woke up today at 5 in the morning and spent 30 minutes wide awake staring at a ceiling thinking, how dreadful Mondays are to me. I wish I could skip this day altogether, or how I wish Mondays are exempted from Morning grind and let corporate workers get by the office as flexible as they could get because it is.. . Monday! The most dreaded day to majority of us Filipino. As for a working mom like me, I hate Mondays because, I have this so called "separation anxiety" from my daughter which I thought would be gone by now as she turned 3 years old! But no, the  anxiety is still lingering nowadays and I'm really having a hard time fighting it specially during Monday.

That's why I did a "self talked" today on why I'm still doing this "working mom" thingy.

So here it goes, reasons I persist in my working career:

1. First is I do this for my little girl. Because I want to give her everything, not just enough. But all that I could give without compromising our finances.

2. I want to be a good example of persistence, perseverance, and hard work especially now that she will be enrolled to school this year. I want her to see how her mom and dad do it. We want her to have same things we could empathized with together. I don't want her to feel alone on her journey for a five long days of school, us at work. At least we could share this through evening conversation while having dinner! I want Tessa to see in me that there's more to life if she strives for it, that getting married, having children shouldn't be a hindrance from achieving so much! That she can be whatever she wants to become and that there is no one or nothing to stop her.

3. I want to hone her personality by doing rather than telling what and how to do it.

4. I want to help my husband build our dreams and plans together.

5. I want to help my parents (same with my husband's parents) when they grow old and decides to retire. Although I know they have their pensions and all. You can tell, I am really a "worrier" kind of person. I worry almost about everything! haha!

6. I want financial security and stability.

7. I want career and financial growth because I have bigger plans for my family's future!

I really wanted to list at least ten, but these were the only things I have thought so far before I left the house at 6 30 am!

I encourage women out there to also list down reasons on why you keep on doing what you do. We have to find purpose in whatever we do especially if it consume so much of our time and energy. Because if we do things without a purpose, our hardships wouldn't be worth it.

I hope your are having a good Monday relationship! :D
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...